Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan base points, 2024 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2024, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as base Aeroplan points and LQM) or have been credited incorrectly, and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. Elite status bonus points (which post separately from normal flight activity) are now covered in a dedicated thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan base points, 2024 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2024, 1:41 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver

Based on member feedback, it was time to refresh the thread on missing or incorrect flight activity.

Please use this thread for questions and information regarding flights that have not posted SQM/SQS/SQD (collectively, "SQx"), or have credited incorrectly (e.g. wrong amount of SQD). This also includes base Aeroplan points (although it is rare for there to be any issues with these, as long as SQM have posted correctly), and any issues with lifetime qualifying miles ("LQM") towards Million Mile status.

Elite status bonus points now have a dedicated thread - please visit that thread for further information on bonus points, or if you are missing bonus points from recent flights (bonus points separately from SQx).

Please see the wiki for procedures to claim/correct missing/incorrect SQx. It should answer most of the basic questions.

If you are missing points or SQx from a promotion, please visit the thread specific to that promotion, as those post on their own timeline separate from the flights themselves.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jan 30, 2024 at 5:19 am Reason: New thread
Old Jan 10, 2024, 7:04 pm

Programs: AC E75K, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Tit, HH Silver, BW Gold, Avis President's Club
I was just credited for a missed segment last November. It shows in my activity and total points, but hasn't rolled over. Do I need to do something, or will that catch up eventually?
Old Jan 18, 2024, 7:16 am

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Anyone having issues with Lifetime Q Miles balance ?

So far my 2024 SQMs have accrued properly to my LQM balance. My next to last flight on Sunday posted correctly for SQMs but the LQM balance was short by 300 miles. I figured that this would be corrected when the next day's segment posted. Unfortunately, SQMs came in OK and LQMs increased by the right number of miles for the most recent flight but the LQM tally is still short by 300.

Not a big issue in the big picture, but still. How does this even happen ?

Last edited by NordsFan; Jan 18, 2024 at 8:02 am
Old Jan 21, 2024, 1:14 pm

Programs: AC SE, AMEX Plat, Marriott Gold, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by NordsFan
Anyone having issues with Lifetime Q Miles balance ?

So far my 2024 SQMs have accrued properly to my LQM balance. My next to last flight on Sunday posted correctly for SQMs but the LQM balance was short by 300 miles. I figured that this would be corrected when the next day's segment posted. Unfortunately, SQMs came in OK and LQMs increased by the right number of miles for the most recent flight but the LQM tally is still short by 300.

Not a big issue in the big picture, but still. How does this even happen ?
I’m a nerd and keep a log and have never found an error in my LQM. Was it an AC metal flight?
Old Jan 22, 2024, 6:29 am

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Originally Posted by cavitron
I’m a nerd and keep a log and have never found an error in my LQM. Was it an AC metal flight?
AC metal on a TATL. I also keep a tight log of SQMs and LQMs and this is a first for me with Lifetime miles.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by NordsFan
AC metal on a TATL. I also keep a tight log of SQMs and LQMs and this is a first for me with Lifetime miles.
Definitely weird. And other than taking a screenshot before each flight I don’t know how you could prove they made an error.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 7:44 pm

SQD irops on partner airline

I booked YOW -> IAD -> SYR on United but 014 ticket. This was all one day (Tuesday).

YOW - > IAD was very delayed but I got there on the planned flight but missing the scheduled IAD -> SYR. I was automatically rebooked the next morning on a different flight IAD -> SYR.

To complicate matters the original IAD -> SYR flight was also delayed until Wednesday morning but I did not know that as I was already rebooked and I took rebooked flight.

I got SQD+SQM for the YOW -> IAD leg as expected but only SQM for the rebooked IAD -> SYR leg.

Should I get the SQD for the second flight? Is there any point requesting the SQD?
Old Jan 22, 2024, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by JCKOTT
I booked YOW -> IAD -> SYR on United but 014 ticket. This was all one day (Tuesday).

YOW - > IAD was very delayed but I got there on the planned flight but missing the scheduled IAD -> SYR. I was automatically rebooked the next morning on a different flight IAD -> SYR.

To complicate matters the original IAD -> SYR flight was also delayed until Wednesday morning but I did not know that as I was already rebooked and I took rebooked flight.

I got SQD+SQM for the YOW -> IAD leg as expected but only SQM for the rebooked IAD -> SYR leg.

Should I get the SQD for the second flight? Is there any point requesting the SQD?
As originally booked, you would have been entitled to SQD. United sometimes reissues the ticket in their stock (016) in these circumstances where they rebook you. I’ve had this exact thing happen.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by cavitron
As originally booked, you would have been entitled to SQD. United sometimes reissues the ticket in their stock (016) in these circumstances where they rebook you. I’ve had this exact thing happen.
Thanks. As I expected, little reason to chase a likely negative outcome for a couple hundred SQD
Old Jan 22, 2024, 8:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I don't think it's a negative outcome. You booked 014. United changed that sure to IRROPS. You should be able to get the SQD.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I don't think it's a negative outcome. You booked 014. United changed that sure to IRROPS. You should be able to get the SQD.
I'll write in. Will report back on the outcome.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 9:15 am

Programs: AC 75K *G
Seems like there's generally some delays with SQx posting? Flew YYZ-SXM Jan 13 and returned Jan 21 and nothing has posted. Just my uber ride to the airport and back
Old Feb 7, 2024, 8:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE. AF-Plat
I flew YYZ to SIN via ICN. The ICN to SIN was via SQ.

SIN to NRT (then YYZ) was via ANA and those SQM and SQD were credited to my account the next day

Strange thing is a couple of weeks has passed and the ICN to SIN leg has not been credited However today I received an email from Singapore airlines crediting my Kris flyer account for the miles. Is this a mistake and how do I go abouts getting that leg back to Aeroplan SQM and SQD?

Thanks!
Old Feb 7, 2024, 8:36 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Eagle2000
I flew YYZ to SIN via ICN. The ICN to SIN was via SQ.

SIN to NRT (then YYZ) was via ANA and those SQM and SQD were credited to my account the next day

Strange thing is a couple of weeks has passed and the ICN to SIN leg has not been credited However today I received an email from Singapore airlines crediting my Kris flyer account for the miles. Is this a mistake and how do I go abouts getting that leg back to Aeroplan SQM and SQD?
You would first need SQ to reverse the crediting to your KrisFlyer account. Then you could ask AC to credit the miles. You should consult the SQ forum for information on how to get SQ to reverse the miles.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 8:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE. AF-Plat
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
You would first need SQ to reverse the crediting to your KrisFlyer account. Then you could ask AC to credit the miles. You should consult the SQ forum for information on how to get SQ to reverse the miles.
Thanks for the info!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.